Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does a new iPhone 4 with verizon insurance come with iOS 6

Ok so i currently have a iphone 4 with ios 7 and is a little laggy but it also has a cracked screen, So if i have Verizon Insurance and they send me a new iphone 4 will it come with ios 6?, which runs alot better on the iphone 4.

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 4:10 PM

7 replies

Nov 13, 2013 5:01 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Meg St._Clair wrote:

If the phone is being replaced by insurance, it's coming from Asurion, the insurance company, not Verizon. It's very hard to predict what you'll get from them.

Quite true. But most vendors will NOT go to the trouble to update to the current OS on a device. It is too time consuming.

The restoration of the backup is the real issue as you cannot restore an IOS 7 backup to an IOS 6 device.

Nov 13, 2013 7:48 AM in response to raymond73

raymond73 wrote:

Quite true. But most vendors will NOT go to the trouble to update to the current OS on a device. It is too time consuming.

The devices are going to be refurbished. It all depends on when they got refurbished. If they were done before the release of iOS 7, they won't have it. Anything refurbished since then, will have it. However, it's impossible to know what their stock levels are.

Best of luck.

Does a new iPhone 4 with verizon insurance come with iOS 6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.