Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is going on when I sync my iPhone5?

Ok so I have no idea what is going on with my iPhone recently.

I have an iPhone 5 that I've had for a year so it's got over 1000 pics, a bunch of apps and songs, etc like it normally would but a few weeks ago I noticed while syncing it said it only had 5GB of space left so I thought 'oh I'll just select a bunch of songs I want to keep on it and take off the rest using the 'selected playlists, artists, etc' thing in the iTunes sync settings thing when you plug an iPhone in', which I did and it then said I have 9GB now and 727 songs which is what I wanted to happen so thought it was simple as that and done.

Then I noticed a few days ago it says I only have 5GB again, I've only added 5 new songs, 1 tone and thats all, so that obviously isn't taking up all that room again. So I just now went through and plugged my iPhone back in to sync it and make sure all the right things were selected and deseleced to sync, then proceeded. It said I have 9GB back, but now looking at it after 5 minutes for no reason what so ever it now says I have 2GB left and 8.78GB of 'Other'.

So what exactly is going on?! What would be classed as other anyway? Please help!

iPhone 5

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 4:32 PM

18 replies

Nov 12, 2013 6:10 PM in response to Lawrence Finch

Yeah that's how I know I only have whatever GB left (it keeps changing between 2GB and 3GB).

It says right now: "Audio: 5.34GB 763 songs, Photos: 3.86GB 1857 photos, Apps: 7.16GB 81 apps, Documents & Data (no idea what this is either, anyone got any idea?): 225.5MB, Other: 7.75GB" and it's that last one 'Other' that is now a huge yellow bar for some reason and it doesn't give any info on what it could be.

Nov 14, 2013 4:01 PM in response to Andy-N

Well can anyone help me figure out what might classed as the 'other' stuff that's just randomly appeared? People have said what 'Other' usually is but not how any of it could be related to what's happening to me.

Also even though I've selected 'only sync the selected songs' under the music heading when you connect the iPhone, on my actual phone all the songs ae still there but with the iCloud logo next to them, some play and some don't too, any relation to it maybe?

What is going on when I sync my iPhone5?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.