Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems after updating to 11.1.3.8 on Windows 8.1 Pro

Hi,

After updating my iTunes to the latest version 11.1.3.8 under Windows 8.1 Pro, iTunes in opening fine, but once I start trying to access the Store or my account or to run a diagnostic, iTunes shutts down and the windows message appears advising that a problem occurred on this program and same will be shutt down.

Has somebody faced same problem? Any solution for it?Thanks

iTunes-OTHER, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 5:04 PM

5 replies

Jan 6, 2014 8:31 AM in response to bman58

bman 58, it did help, thank you. I battled this problem for over a month and your solution solved it. Previous recommendations (including two genius bar visits) to uninstall/reinstall iTunes lead to more problems, including iTunes failing to open with an error stating "iTunes cannot open 'itunes library.itl' because it was created with a more recent version of iTunes." Other forum posts to uninstall and reinstall Adobe Flash and Java got iTunes back to opening, but again crashing when trying to access the store. Copying the QTMovieWin.dll file put iTunes back to rights.

Problems after updating to 11.1.3.8 on Windows 8.1 Pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.