Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem making a purchase

I am having difficulty purchasing the item "Pokemon X & Pokemon Y: Super Music Collection".

Despite having no issues browsing the store and purchasing other items, I get the following error attempting to purchase this item:

'Could not purchase "Pokemon X & Pokemon Y: Super Music Collection". The network connection was lost.'

Could my connection speed and number of tracks (212) be causing a false timeout?

Is there any way to force the purchase?

Bypassing the error via individual purchasing is not an option as the price would inflate well beyond the album price, and what I can afford.

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 7:42 PM

5 replies

Nov 12, 2013 8:23 PM in response to BeebarbX

I am also having a similar problem trying to buy this album, except mine flips between "The network has been reset" (which it hasn't) and "Cannot Purchse "".Out of memory." (with the missing title, and my PC has plenty of memory and hard drive space, and iTunes is only taking up 300MB or so of RAM, which granted is a lot for a music player, but a 64-bit program should have no troubles here...) and "We are temporarily unable to process your request, please try again later". This is very frustrating, my first time back in the iTunes store in nearly 2 years to purchase an iTunes exclusive and I can't even do that, reminds me why I left in the first place.

Nov 12, 2013 8:57 PM in response to BeebarbX

I am having this exact same problem! I keep getting the same errors, but mostly the connection network message. I have even tried having someone send me the album as a gift, but have not received it yet. I can buy other songs and albums just fine, but this one is impossible to buy and I definitely can't buy each song seperately. I even did the usual suggestion of uninstalling iTunes and then reinstalling it, but to no avail. I am hoping for a quick solution to this...I have been waiting for this soundtrack since they announced it!

Nov 12, 2013 10:17 PM in response to BeebarbX

OK, so I found something that worked for me. As much as I didn't want to I used my Android Phone's Wi-Fi Hotspot function to create an alternate connection to attempt the purchase.

I don't know exactly what was wrong, but iTunes decided to let me purchase the album using my phone's connection. After I made the purchase I switched back to my home Wi-Fi for the download.

So try an alternate connection if possible, or restart your Modem/Router if you are having the same problem I did, it might not solve the problem for you but there is no harm in trying.

Jan 18, 2014 5:27 PM in response to BeebarbX

Oh, thank god it isn't just me having this problem.

Or at least I was, but I was able to succuessfully download it! I contacted Apple tech support and we figured it out (thanks, Stacy!).

Here's what my Apple tech and I did:

1) Go to Edit -> Preferences -> Advanced

2) There should be two options that say "Reset all dialogue warnings" and "Reset iTunes Store cache". Click on both of those,

3) Sign out of your Apple ID on ALL your iOS devices (iPhone, iPod, Mac, iTunes, all of them).

4) Completely disable any and all firewall/security programs on your computer. I use avast!, and I disabled all shields for an hour.

5) Sign back into iTunes on one of your devices and try the purchase again.

It might act like it didn't work at first, as I also received the connection reset error with the blank album name ater trying these steps. However, just sign out and back in again and you should be able to download everything off of the cloud. I recommend leaving the firewall off until the album is done downloading, just to be on the safe side.

Problem making a purchase

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.