Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import email addresses from excel to Mail

Hi All,

Is there a quick way to import a serie of email addresses from Excell into Mail, or into directly the field "to" of an email?

Thanks!

Mail-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 7:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 11:13 PM

If your email addresses are in there own column, with each address in a separate cell, you can select the addresses, and then copy and paste them directly into the "to" field. I tested this and it worked for me. Keep in mind that most email systems have a limit on the number of addresses you can send to. This number will vary between email host providers--you can check with your email provider.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 12, 2013 11:13 PM in response to Albiche

If your email addresses are in there own column, with each address in a separate cell, you can select the addresses, and then copy and paste them directly into the "to" field. I tested this and it worked for me. Keep in mind that most email systems have a limit on the number of addresses you can send to. This number will vary between email host providers--you can check with your email provider.

Jan 2, 2014 11:21 AM in response to annabfrom manchester

Mavericks options from Contacts help.

Import contacts from other file types

Import contact information saved or exported from other apps. The files can be in LDAP Interchange Format (LDIF) or text format (tab-delimited or comma-separated value (CSV)).

1. If you’re importing a tab-delimited or CSV file, make sure it’s formatted correctly using a text editor such as TextEdit.
    • Remove any line breaks within a contact’s information.
    • Make sure that fields in a tab-delimited file are separated by a tab, instead of by another character. Don’t include spaces before or after tabs.
    • Make sure that fields in a CSV file are separated by a comma, instead of by another character. Don’t include spaces before or after commas.
    • Make sure all addresses have the same number of fields. Add empty fields as needed.
  2. In Contacts, choose File > Import, select the file, change the encoding if necessary, then click Open.
  3. If you’re importing a text file, review the field labels.
    • If the first card contains headers, make sure the headers are correctly labeled or marked “Do not import.” Any changes you make to this card are made to all cards in the file. To not import the headers card, select “Ignore first card.”
    • To change a label, click the arrows next to the label and choose a new label. If you don’t want to import a field, choose “Do not import.”

When you import contacts to an Exchange account, information that isn’t supported is added to the Notes field.

Custom fields aren’t imported.

Import email addresses from excel to Mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.