Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

backup

Can I Backup only applecation Folder? If yes than how! just copy and paste at other place or any other procedure?

iMac, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 8:46 PM

3 replies

Nov 13, 2013 12:09 AM in response to babowa

thanks for Reply, Actually I dont want to run it on another machin, I want to save it as itis,

for example, I was recevied a free iLife app with my new mac, now when I install clean copy of mavericks and install ilife it says iphoto should updated and that updats was 1.15 GB.

so now my question is that if I install clean install again (if required) I have to upgrade it once again.

thats why i want to save all app as itis.

Nov 13, 2013 7:49 AM in response to Prashantmahant

Well, another point is that if a new OS update is issued, normally a lot of apps need to be updated as well, so your "preseved" previous version may no longer work.

I'd suggest that, rather than just backing up the Applications folder and missing key elements for at least some of the applications since they are elsewhere, to simply create a bootable clone on an external hard drive using either CarbonCopyCloner or SuperDuper. or do a backup using Time Machine. Keep that up to date and re-clone (or backup) just before you do a new install and you can easily restore your system using that. At least that will have all the necessary files for everything included.

backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.