Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPad mini has a hairline crack now

Hello

My iPad mini has a hairline crack now, and it is 4 months old. I rang the apple store over the phone and they said it would cost Rs.14500 for a replacement.

I was skimming through Apple VMI guide , and it says the following.

Screen and Glass Inspection

Apple’s policy is to replace products showing defects that are not the result of obvious external

cause.

Visually inspect for crack(s) on screen or glass, and follow these guidelines:

• A product exhibiting a single hairline crack without visible damage to the enclosure is

eligible for covered (warranty or APP) repair service.

• A product exhibiting multiple cracks or a single crack with visible damage to the enclosure

is eligible for OOW paid repair service.

Single hairline cracks with no enclosure damage:

So I was wondering if my hairline crack qualifies for a replacement?

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Any help is appreciated!

Cheers,
Krish

iPad

Posted on Nov 12, 2013 10:34 PM

6 replies

Nov 12, 2013 11:46 PM in response to krishnanpc

"Thank you for your reply, but reporting manufacturing defect after 4 months of purchase?"

You seem to be on both sides of the fence, and I'd think that the pickets would hurt. Regardless, you're convinced that the problem was not caused by you, and it was not caused by a manufacturing defect. Regardless, the final arbiter is either Apple or the AASAP, and it would behoove you to contact one or the other.

Nov 22, 2013 7:26 AM in response to krishnanpc

Hey guys.

Today morning I received a call from the Apple store and guess what!

It said that my replacement has arrived! The apple guy also mentioned that I d get a new one free of cost!

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

As a sign of goodwill, I also bought a new case from their shop. At least it should remind me to be more careful while using it.

Also it came with a downgrade in the os with iOS 7 (I hate the flat design and nauseating zoom animations ) not that I would complain User uploaded file User uploaded file User uploaded file

Thank you all for replying!

My iPad mini has a hairline crack now

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.