Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 4s Searching for carrier

My iphone 4s was working perfect.. but from yesterday it is not detecting my netwrok but some time it even detect my network after searching for network for around 10 min it detect the network.. but still then i cant make or receive call or do sms.. seems like it didnot getting powerful signal. also some time it goes again on seraching signals. one more thing because of searching for singal and even if signal found my phone getting so hot.. but if i put it on airplain mode it become ok.. is it normal? i also restore and update my 4s to the latest firmware but no gain i also put another carrier sim but same issue. Any one can let me know if it is hardware issue or software?

iPhone 4S, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 12:52 AM

6 replies

Mar 9, 2014 9:48 AM in response to scorpiono1

Hi all,

I just experienced the same problem with my 4s. What compounded my issue was I couldn't turn off my phone for a system reset due to the on/off button at the top of the phone being broken (3 days after the warranty expired, go figure). Anyway, I called my provider to see if anything was wrong with the account. They assured me nothing was wrong. I explained that I was in the USA for about 24 hours roaming off AT&T's network. When I crossed back into Canada, the phone wouldn't detect my carrier or any other. Long story short, after a little investigating, just do a rest network settings from the general menu. Waited for the phone to reset and voila! Back to my carrier.

Just sharing the experience in hopes it solves other people's problems.

Iphone 4s Searching for carrier

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.