Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

LOGIC PRO 9 ISSUE: I can't see my pointer icon changing properly crossing over any objects or windows...does anybody have the same issue?

Since I've updated to Mavericks from Lion OS, I've experienced this annoying issue.
The arrow icon usually should change depending on where I point to, enabling other functions. But actually it doesn't properly change when for instance I point at the end of a region (which is supposed to change to the loop tool icon)..even if the new function is enabled indeed.
In other cases, if the icon changes, it remains the same in every place I point to.
I've taken a screenshot to show what i mean.

check it out
User uploaded file

I've also already reinstalled Logic Pro, but no problem solved...
I have installed mavericks keeping my old files, without formatting my entire hard disk...who knows? maybe this could be the reason why now my mac is slower than Lion OS I was coming from.

Every help is appreciated

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 7:06 AM

7 replies

Nov 15, 2013 7:51 AM in response to salvodp

Hello salvodp,

Thank you for the details of the issue you are experiencing with Logic 9. You have taken some really good steps already to isolate and troubleshoot this issue.

I found an article with a few additional steps you can take to further isolate and troubleshoot the issue (you can skip any steps you have already taken). I recommend reviewing the full article, but this section specifically stood out to me for the situation you described:

Delete the User Preferences

You can resolve many issues by restoring Logic Pro back to its original settings. This will not impact your song files. To reset your Logic Pro user preference settings to their original state, do the following:

1. In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder from the menu.
  2. Type ~/Library/Preferences in the "Go to the folder" field.
  3. Press the Go button.
  4. Remove the com.apple.logic.pro.plist file from the Preferences folder. Note that if you have programmed any custom key commands, this will reset them to the defaults. You may wish to export your custom key command as a preset before performing this step. See the Logic Pro User Manual for details on how to do this. If you are having trouble with a control surface in Logic Pro, then you may also wish to delete the com.apple.logic.pro.cs file from the preferences folder.
  5. If you have upgraded from Logic Pro 7, you may also need to remove~/Library/Preferences/Logic/com.apple.logic.pro.

You can find the full article here:

Logic Pro 8 and 9: Troubleshooting basics

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT2375

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Dec 30, 2013 2:53 PM in response to salvodp

Hi. I've installed Mavericks a few days back and had the same problem. There is actually only one fix for now. I mead it worked for me, don't know if it will work for you. I have a Macbook Pro and a second display attached trough display port. This problem started for me when I was working with 2 displays. When I dragged the main arrange window to my bigger external display that's where the problem happened! Or when I forced Logic into full screen mode!

By default the second display is activated as a "Desktop 2" and there is the bug.

If you are working with 2 or more displays, try putting the main arrange window on your main desktop and it will work!! In my case now I have the arrange window on my Macbook Pro and the second display has the mixer window.

And yes, don't open Logic in full screen mode because the bug will appear again even if it is on a main display!!

Sorry for the bad English I'm from Croatia!

Hope this will be helpful to somebody and we'll have to wait while Apple address this annoying issue!!

Dec 30, 2013 3:18 PM in response to salvodp

Sorry guys RIGHT AFTER I've posted to this topic I went online to find any other news about this and somebody actually found the solution!! It works for me now! The cursors appear if I put the main Logic window on the 1st screen or the second.

Haven't tried with full screen but I don't use Logic like that so go check out for yourself.

Here is a picture what you have to do! Just uncheck the 2 boxes where I did, log out and back in.

That's it! Works for me!

User uploaded file

May 20, 2014 5:24 PM in response to MauroEnass

Yes!! That worked for me. Logic 9, just upgraded to Mavericks, mouse pointer wasn't changing correctly on second monitor, unchecking those two options in System Prefs > Mission Control fixed it. How nice to have a functioning program again. One minor note to add: logging out and back in after the pref change didn't suffice for me, I had to reboot.

May 21, 2014 3:48 AM in response to secretprocess

I don't use other displays for now...anyway i solved this by returning back to lion os and everything works now. The point is, why Logic pro 9 shouldn't properly work in full screen mode, in 5 monitors or even in normal screen mode if is supposed to do that normally? because there is a bug. Ok. So why they doesn't fix it? this bug was already present on Mountain Lion and is still present on mavericks...

Now i switched back to Lion Os and everithing works quicker and stable...I don't need the "cool" things on Mavericks such as notifications or Maps

LOGIC PRO 9 ISSUE: I can't see my pointer icon changing properly crossing over any objects or windows...does anybody have the same issue?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.