Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need to remove a security step that self generated today

Today, my iMac decided to require an Admin ID and password in order to allow me to move a file to the trash.

How can I eliminate this annoying security step?

thanks in advance.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 9:21 AM

Read the reply from baltwo in This Discussion and see if it helps.

3 replies

Nov 13, 2013 10:00 AM in response to Joe Gramm

Thank Joe for taking the time to answer. I did see the answer that seems to have worked in 2012.

My challenge is that the iMAC is my company's property. We usually run on PC, but we have a couple of MACs for test.

My admin guy is not confortable with the fix suggested by baltwo, becasue it apparently (if i understood well, i am no expert) opens the Access to all Applications without any security anymore.

When in fact all I want is to be able to trash some files and emptry the trash once in a while to keep my computer and folders clean.

Any idea this request appeared out of the blue (yesterday i was able to trash document without any pbm or password request).

thanks

Need to remove a security step that self generated today

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.