Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 4 Charging Wierd Glitch

User uploaded file

As you can see in the top corner, it says that my iod is full charge and to unplug it. As you can see in the middle, my iPod was about to die before I plugeed it in... Any ways to fix this?

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 8:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 8:37 AM

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

- Try another cable. Some 5G iPods were shipped with Lightning cable that were either initially defective or failed after short use.

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

Restore to factory settings/new iPod

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2013 8:37 AM in response to LizzAstub

- See:

iPod touch: Hardware troubleshooting

- Try another cable. Some 5G iPods were shipped with Lightning cable that were either initially defective or failed after short use.

- Try another charging source

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

Restore to factory settings/new iPod

- Make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Nov 13, 2013 8:39 AM in response to LizzAstub

I knew it wasn't just me ... 😁

User uploaded file

... and that's February 2012!

I reported this as a bug to Apple last year. You could try reporting it as well. Then we just have to wait. I cannot remember exactly what happens, as I haven't noticed this in a while, but if I recall correctly, the iPod will charge up and the icon in the top right will change eventually.

Feedback at http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipodtouch.html

iPod 4 Charging Wierd Glitch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.