Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My PowerBook 165 isn't booting up at all. as soon as i put power to the computer via the power jack the screen just goes white.

I took apart my PowerBook 165 in order to replace the hard drive and stumbled across this little black thing with a handle to pull it up with. I needed to get the floppy drive out so I had to push this little black box up. After replaceing the hard drive I put the floppy drive back and pushed the little black box down but it seemed to not fit back in to place. after 5 to 10 minutes of trying to get it back in its little hole i left it as it was thinking that it was on and put the computer back to gether. When I applyed power to the computer a blacky sort of white screen apeard. What do I do? someone please help me?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 9:19 AM

3 replies

Nov 13, 2013 2:24 PM in response to TheBeardBoy

Is it the little black box (with a small motor) at the back end of the floppy drive? Normally, it is not necessary to move the floppy drive at all in order to gain access to the hard drive.

http://www.ifixit.com/Device/Macintosh_PowerBook_165c

Check all cable connectors. Also, check that there are no short-circuits. Have a close look at the components on the boards. You should not see any cracked or discoloured capacitors et cetera.

When assembling the computer, make sure that the connecting cable between the two halves is properly seated.

Jan

My PowerBook 165 isn't booting up at all. as soon as i put power to the computer via the power jack the screen just goes white.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.