Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Share file deletes movie

Hey folks,

I trimmed a movie, and then foolishly hit "Share File" before I saved it. A dropdown appeared, saying "Cannot create file," and then Quicktime froze. Not only was it frozen – couldn't cancel the share, save anything, or even quit – but the original file had disappeared from Finder. I forced quit, and now it's gone. It's not in the trash. Any ideas on where my movie might have gone? Any thoughts appreciated!

Jonah

MacBook Pro, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 9:07 AM

7 replies

Mar 10, 2015 11:57 AM in response to sfptn

Just talked to Apple support. Seems that what worked before as one step in Quicktime now has to be two or more. Before updating to Yosemite, we were able to load a clip into Quicktime, trim it, and then share it to Vimeo without saving the trimmed file. Now, Apple is saying to save the trimmed file to the desktop, close Quicktime and reopen the trimmed file from the desktop to share it. Much longer process, but seems to work.

For what it's worth, I saved the file to the drive and folder where it needed to be. Not sure there is any "magic" in saving it to the desktop instead.

If anyone figures out why this no longer works like it used to, let me know.

Share file deletes movie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.