Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot configure time capsule

Windows 7 machine is running Airport Utility 5.6.1 trying to reach a brand new Airport Time Capsule. Cannot configure becasuse even when the device is found in graphic form, it cannot be reached using the Manual or Continue options. Do I need to do this setup on a Mac only? A wired setup is not working either.

Please advise.

BaseStation 1298d5

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 9:49 AM

2 replies

Nov 27, 2013 8:03 AM in response to r-engineer

For those who are running Windows and controlling the Airport Base Station with Airport for Windows. Apple just came out with a firmware update for Airport Extreme (7.7.2). It so happens that this Firmware version requires Airport Software version 6.3 or newer. The Windows version only goes as high as Version 5.6 or so. I was also told that Apple is unlikely to upgrade this software. To make a long story short you need to control (Configure) your Airport Base Station with an iMac, or an iPhone or iPad with the Airport app. This solved my problems. Good Luck :)

cannot configure time capsule

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.