Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

does reset iphone do anything to content of the iPhone 5

does reseting the setting on the phone delete anything on the phone?

I think I messed with some settings and they are draining the battery very very fast.

iPhone 5, ios6

iPhone 5, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 11:07 AM

10 replies

Nov 13, 2013 11:57 AM in response to jojoguitar

jojoguitar wrote:

Let me add that in an attempt to 'train' the battery we drained it last night, and plugged it in, after several minutes it started up, we turned it off and recharged to 100% this morning at 6 and now at 1.28PM it's at 15%.

There is no such thing as "training" a lithium ion battery. It doesn't matter how often or for how much time you charge it. Running the battery until the phone turns itself off and then charging it completely once a month calibrates th battery sensor. It has no effect on the battery itself.

Nov 13, 2013 12:06 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Almost done, rebooting and resetting, two differnt things, yes?

If i want to go back to factory settings with out loss of pictures and contacts and apps and app data then Settings>General>Reset>Reset all settings will do just that, and undo any modifactions I might have done to accelerate battery usage.

Safe, yes?

Thank you for answering my questions and helping me maintaine and understand my iPhone.

jojoguitar

does reset iphone do anything to content of the iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.