Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

On one site I get.....

a message when I hover over the Password slot that says "Turn on iCloud Keychain to have Safari suggest secure passwords that can sync and autofill on all your devices..." What is this and how do I stop it from always coming up? It is a recent phenomenon which I suspect only happened when I updated to Mavericks and the attendant updates that came with it!

It only occurs on one particular site that I use for prescription renewals. I have spoken to the Web Master for that site and they tell me they do not pre-populate there boxes, which is odd, because before the update, the username and password, albeit in asterisk form, always came up.

I would like to get back to that system, but have been singularly unsuccessful in my endeavours!

I have tried unchecking the details in the iCloud preferences via System Preferences/iCloud, but that creates even bigger problems in that a lot of the ones I uncheck, takes them off my iMAC and the Contacts and Calendar are then blank. I really have no use for iCloud since I only have the one device, iMAC, and would like to save my details like Contacts, Calendar et al on my iMAC and do away with the need to use i Cloud.

Can someone point me in the right direction.

Thanks

altv

MAC (21.5 - inch Mid 2011)-OTHER, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 11:55 AM

5 replies

Nov 13, 2013 3:23 PM in response to Old Toad

Old Toad

Thanks for that. I have found out about the sign out and the fact it will let me keep the Contacts on the iMAC, but everything else goes AWOL. The option does not apply to anything else and I do not get the choice of keeping my Calendar on the iMAC. I get the impression it is a take over bid by Mr Apple who want to control the machine. I have absolutely no need to use iCloud, but do need the things like Calendar available to me. That seems to be a non starter.

I have also read on these Support Communities about the Export of the Calendar, but this goes in to Documents and every time I need it, it is no use going to iCal because nothing comes up. I then have to go and click on the exported file and go through the machinations of cancelling the window that comes up with something about a new event!!

I think what will do is to see how many documents I have in iCloud and save them in the iMAC, I don't think there are many, because I usually keep all my Documents on the iMAC, but a few may have slipped thru' before I realised what was happening.

Thanks for your interest.

altv

Nov 14, 2013 12:37 PM in response to altv

I have now been through the docs and data held in iCloud, and made sure there is a copy on the iMAC. This is fine. I am now left with the Calendar problem. I exported my calendar to my iMAC, but when opening the Calendar icon in the dock, I cannot get it to automatically open the calendar that I have on the iMAC. What do I have to do to ensure this happens? Once this is resolved, I can switch off from iCloud and essentially do away with it and logoff.

Just a thought, does the Calendar app not work as a naked app on the iMAC, or does it have to sit itself in iCloud?

Cheers

altv

On one site I get.....

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.