Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 5 battery drained out then stopped registering onto network (continuosly searching), IMEI not shown

Hello Everybody..

Somebody please help me out, I am in real trouble:(

My iPhone 5 was working perfectly well, i updated my OS to iOS 7 and then the couple of updates that came after that.

Last week, my battery drained out and the phone switched off. I charged it and powered the phone back on and ever since it has not been able to connect to the mobile network. It was continuosly searching for network, even if i removed my sim card from the tray it showed the "searching" status instead of the network bar.

I tried all possible fixes, with first a network settings reset, then an all settings reset, powered on off several times but to no avail.

I then noticed that my phone wouldn't show its IMEI number when i dialed *#06#, neither was the IMEI number being listed in Settings>General.

Restoring iPhone seemed to be the perfect thing to do, but the Find my iPhone App wouldn't get turned off and itunes wouldn't let me proceed with restore while this app was on.

Now the only way to Turn Find my iPhone was by going to iCloud.com/find and erasing my phone from the find my iPhone App and then removing my phone from the Find my iPhone device listing.

I erased my phone, took it out of the Find my iPhone device listing, and when my phone restarted the usual activation screens came but I have not been able to activate my iPhone.
Error : activation server temporarily unavailable.

I tried multiple times, I tried via itunes via wifi but I just can not.

Please help somebody! I am going crazy! 😟

iPhone 5, iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 12:47 PM

6 replies

iPhone 5 battery drained out then stopped registering onto network (continuosly searching), IMEI not shown

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.