Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad mini retina dull display issue

I have an iPad mini retina and the display colors look dull compared to my iPhone 5 and iPad Air. Are any other people having this issue? Is there going to be a fix or is it normal?

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 1:20 PM

12 replies

Nov 15, 2013 6:57 AM in response to luism1023

I have read on other forums that the gamma or something beginning with G on other devices such as the ipad air and iphone 5s etc have this at 100% where as the mini has it turned down to 60% ish to stop it running too hot? To be honest the colours on the retina mini look real compared to the over saturated iphone ipad air screen. I did a direct comparison in the apple store today :)

Nov 27, 2013 1:34 AM in response to luism1023

My issue is even worse. The color tone compare with bottom and top of the screen is difference. I went to Genius bar to get replacement. But the problem still exist. And I cannot get refund due my ipad already exchanged by service. As same as you guys. I'm totally disappointed with apple new product. I'm so happy since ipad 1 and upgrade every years after lauch a new ipad. I want to get money back use my old ipad mini instead of the new one.

Jan 13, 2014 10:12 AM in response to luism1023

Well there is my story

I got ipad mini 2 from best buy and it had a back light breed so I went to Apple and they said go

And exchange it in bestbuy.well I did and the second one was even worse. BACK TO APPlE.

The third one that I got from Apple has dust under the glass and a dead pixel sooooo

..........is wrong with Apple.the low color salutation is a stab in the back for long term apple costumes.

The worse part is that I both it new and 3 days after they replaced it with refurbished one so I payed over 400 for a used one.

I called again and know I will wait till they resolve the problem will the quality control and then return or exchange it and maybe never buy apple again.

Nexus 7 as junk buy it cheap unlike apples mini that is so overpriced.

Well Apple I know that I am a voice in a desert there is no free lunch.

iPad mini retina dull display issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.