Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Saving results of HP scan fails on OS X Mavericks

After scanning a document on an HP C4280 all-in-one printer conected to an IMAC running OS X Mavericks, when I try to save the document to the hard drive, the save operation fails due to file permissions problem. Never had this problem with prior versions of the OS X.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

iMac (24-inch Mid 2007), OS X Mavericks (10.9), Scanning HP C4280 all-in-one

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 1:10 PM

20 replies

Nov 15, 2013 1:18 PM in response to blu_ice

I'm having almost the exact scanning problem with my HP Photosmart C6180. All app files are updated, but when I scan to my IMac... the HP Scan app displays the scanned image correctly...

But when I try to save it to my IMac... it creates a file that is a black, patterend screen. I have saved the text page as an rtf to open in Word, a PDF, and in various scan profiles... B&W, Color, Grayscale. The same problem occures on all... if I try to open the saved file, there's nothing usable.

It seems like it's not a scanning issue... that works great under HP Scan. It's a saving issue. What's depicted on the HP Scan window screen... is saved as garbage.

Any new ideas?

JohnMukc sends...

Nov 18, 2013 9:15 PM in response to matrix12x

I can't get HP Scan to work. From my investigations, HP failed to update /Library/Image Capture/Support/Hewlett-Packard/Frameworks/HPScanProfiles.framework/Versions/A/ HPScanProfiles to point to /Library/Printers/hp/Frameworks/HPDeviceModel.framework/Versions/4.0/HPDeviceMo del places, vice /HPDeviceModel.framework/Versions/3.0. I can launch HP Scan, but an error comes up, which basically says reinstall the HP software, not the HP Printer Drivers update. I'm still working on that step.

Using the HP Photosmart C4600 Series app, the Printers & Scanners prefPane, or Image Capture, I can get the scanner to work and it saves without any issues.

Nov 21, 2013 6:32 PM in response to blu_ice

I am having the same problem... scan looks fine but the saved image or printed pdf is all black. I called HP and they referred me back to Apple. The error says something about Read Only ... and permissions ....

I have an all in one HP C309.

In a pinch I scanned to a USB and then converted the jpg to a pdf... it works but is very time consuming....

I want my scanner back!! I haven't had a chance to call for service but I hope to find a solution on here....

Nov 26, 2013 11:11 AM in response to JohnMukc

I have this problem too. I am using an HP 6200 AIO scanner with OS X 10.9 and the most recent Apple HP drivers. My version of the problem is pretty much as described by JohnMukc. Scanning works fine using Preview. However, in my case of eight scans, six save and seem fine, two were good scans but sometime, perhaps when I tried to save them, became black. This seems to show the problem is in saving, not scanning, and is internmmittent.

I see that HP has acknowledged a problem and is working on a fix, due perhqps by the end of November. Now we sit and wait.

Saving results of HP scan fails on OS X Mavericks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.