Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mavericks - FCPx KEEPs Loosing Undo

I getting really close to reverting to Mountain Lion.....

I loose the ability to undo every 5 minutes...

Console overflowing with odd FCPx Messages like

13/11/13 23:04:02,645 Final Cut Pro[408]: dynamic_cast error 1: Both of the following type_info's should have public visibility. At least one of them is hidden. 23PCSerializerWriteStream, 17PCHashWriteStream.

I am seriously disappointed over this Mavericks release - nothing (Not just FCPx) seem to work.....

Any ideas from you guys before I enter a long road of reverting to M-Lion ?

Thx

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 2:09 PM

6 replies

Nov 13, 2013 3:14 PM in response to Studio Engineer

Same deal here with 10 Dynamic cast error's every second. Have recently done clean install of OSX 10.9 and FCP 10.0.9 trying to fix another issue (system freeze with no log) and still haev these errors. I haven't notice the undo thing though. Although I rarely undo when editing. Sorry I can't help but do fill out a bug report for the dynamic_cast error while you waiting for 10.9.1 🙂

Alex

Nov 14, 2013 2:41 AM in response to Studio Engineer

I am seriously disappointed over this Mavericks release - nothing (Not just FCPx) seem to work.....

Any ideas from you guys before I enter a long road of reverting to M-Lion ?

Thx

Just one: did you try a clean install of Mavericks? Since you say "nothing seems to work", while clearly this is not the experience most people are having, I think this points out that something is specific to your system.

No two macs are the same, especially software-wise. Maybe there are remnants of older stuff that are causing you grief.

Nov 17, 2013 8:28 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I have four macs ALL with identical Mavericks problem. All clean installs. Forums alike are overflowing with such problems...

This problem is specific to Apple's internal FCPx effects and reveals itself especially when using Shape Masks.

I can recreate this problem all the time when using such.

A bug - which I have reported to Apple yesterday

Nov 28, 2013 7:27 AM in response to Studio Engineer

I expecienced this same problem: FCPx would lock up upon opening, and the Console had a long stream of this error:

Final Cut Pro[1190]: dynamic_cast error 1: Both of the following type_info's should have public visibility. At least one of them is hidden. 23PCSerializerWriteStream, 17PCHashWriteStream.

I first tried repairing permissions. A lot were repaired, but it didn't fix the problem.

Then I tried reseting Final Cut Pro X Preferences as described here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3893

That worked! I can now start FCPx normally, and I no longer get the console error messages.

I still don't know what orginally caused the erorr. I also reported the error to Apple.

Mavericks - FCPx KEEPs Loosing Undo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.