Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Studio 2.0 purchased off Ebay... came with Logic Express 9 upgrade instead of full version, serial works to unlock registration but seems wrong and perhaps a loophole. What should I do?

I purchased what was advertised as a Full Version of Logic Studio 2 off ebay. It ended up being Logic Studio Pro 2 Upgrade and came with a copy of Logic Express 9 upgrade which did unlock the installation. I didn't realize it was the upgrade version til I saw the sticker in the upright corner of the box post installation. I feel like this is a loophole and not a legitimate installation now. Is this legit or should I acquire a full copy of Logic Express? The seller continously tells me that it's 100% legal and legit, etc.. I have already demanded he should send me or reimburse me enough to acquire a legitimate copy of Logic Express that supports the upgrade. Am I right in doing so? Or is it okay to use the Logic Express 9 upgrade copy to upgrade to Logic Studio Pro 2? Doesn't seem right. I'm very confused and would love some advice. Thank you in advance.

Logic Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 2:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 5:32 PM

The Logic Express 9 upgrade package requires you should own Logic Express 8 Full.... for that to be a legal use of the Logic Express 9 upgrade serial which then you could use to register LP9/Logic Studio 2.0 upgrade package using the LS2.0 upgrade serial..

This is an apparent loophole, in my opinion, that is being exploited by the seller....

However, when in any doubt with anything regarding possible legal issues... contact Apple directly and ask them for their advice/opinion on the matter.

http://www.apple.com/contact/

Cheers!

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2013 5:32 PM in response to justin111smith

The Logic Express 9 upgrade package requires you should own Logic Express 8 Full.... for that to be a legal use of the Logic Express 9 upgrade serial which then you could use to register LP9/Logic Studio 2.0 upgrade package using the LS2.0 upgrade serial..

This is an apparent loophole, in my opinion, that is being exploited by the seller....

However, when in any doubt with anything regarding possible legal issues... contact Apple directly and ask them for their advice/opinion on the matter.

http://www.apple.com/contact/

Cheers!

Logic Studio 2.0 purchased off Ebay... came with Logic Express 9 upgrade instead of full version, serial works to unlock registration but seems wrong and perhaps a loophole. What should I do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.