Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iDVD install on Mavericks?

Hi guys,

I haven't been around here for quite a while...

I have a friend who has a MacBook Pro with Mavericks and now he wants to make DVDs to play on his TV; like me. I installed iDVD from an iLife '08 disk and the software had a big line drawn through it. Wouldn't launch. I have an iLife '11 disk that doesn't show iDVD on the back of the box, but seems to have iDVD when I go into customize install. Is this a version that will install and launch? He had to leave, so this is follow-up.

Thank-you!

Len

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 4:13 PM

The iLife 11 disk does have iDVD on it. This version, 7, is compatible with Mavericks. Also update the iDVD 7 to the last version available, 7.1.2 with the iDVD 7.1.2.

Follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

OT

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2013 4:13 PM in response to Len Goff

The iLife 11 disk does have iDVD on it. This version, 7, is compatible with Mavericks. Also update the iDVD 7 to the last version available, 7.1.2 with the iDVD 7.1.2.

Follow this workflow to help assure the best qualty video DVD:

Once you have the project as you want it save it as a disk image via the File ➙ Save as Disk Image menu option. This will separate the encoding process from the burn process.

To check the encoding mount the disk image, launch DVD Player and play it. If it plays OK with DVD Player the encoding is good.

Then burn to disk with Disk Utility or Toast at the slowest speed available (2x-4x) to assure the best burn quality. Always use top quality media: Verbatim, Maxell or Taiyo Yuden DVD-R are the most recommended in these forums.

OT

Jan 10, 2014 2:32 PM in response to Len Goff

i do have an iLife'11 disk (family pak) and when I tried to load it onto my new late 2013 iMAC, I chose custom install, but it will not let me "uncheck" iPhoto etc. Problem is that I don't want the install program to "overwrite" the newer version of iPhoto/Garageband that came with the new iMAC. Any suggestions on how to uncheck them and ONLY install iDVD?...Thanks

iDVD install on Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.