Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does updating my itunes always make me lose playlists created on my ipad when i plug it in!!? so annoying.

i am really frustrated with the way the itunes/ipad interface manages playlists.

new playklists i create for my work as a dj and yoga teacher and retreat leader on my ipad don't show up in itunes when i connect the two... and then when i update itunes (something i always dread doing because of the amount of extra work it inevitably creates for me, i LOSE those playlists on my ipad that were not in itunes already!

what's more itunes automatically puts songs and playlists i have deleted from my ipad to create space back on the ipad..... causing storage issues.

to be clear: i don't lose the songs, just the way they are arranged in playlists i use as the soundtracks to my events.

this is annpoying and time consuming.

help!~

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 5:31 PM

3 replies

Nov 13, 2013 6:14 PM in response to Ralph9430

but i have 15K songs on my itunes and only want selected playlists on my ipad...

plsu certain songs won't work with my DJ app because of DMR, so i have to create dupes which i erase and then are magically resotred to my ipad anytime i plug it in after updating itunes...

my main point: the automatic synching default is just not useful and takes away the power to have my ipad itunes library contain what i want!

why does updating my itunes always make me lose playlists created on my ipad when i plug it in!!? so annoying.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.