8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 15, 2013 5:13 AM by 21th Century
Mikee-d Level 1 (0 points)

How do you upload a song from garageband to Facebook?

Since installing Mavericks the potion now doesn't appear in "Share"

Mac mini
  • léonie Level 10 (90,714 points)

The direct sharing to Facebook is no longer built into GarageBand. Now it offers sharing to SoundCloud instead. But share your song as a file to the Finder, convert it to mp3 and use FaceBook's own uploader.

• Mikee-d Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you, but I think that ***** just a bit hey

The new GarageBand is still a bit unfinished and missing features. So it will probably help, if you send the feedback directly to the developer team as a feature request:

Use this link: Apple - GarageBand - Feedback

Good tip, thank you again

Btw, Garageband unfinished??  I'am most interested as  I use and actually have relied on Garageband on ipad and mac for the last two years, at 50 I'am A late bloomer to this kind of technology and have found it very helpful in realising my musical ideas and potential, conversely I'am finding it unsettling to say the least at the latest changes,tho

I'am assured it should get better

• 21th Century Level 2 (255 points)

Hi, Leonie,

there was no Facebook sharing available in GarageBand for Mac before?!

You are mixing it up with GarageBand for iOS.

Best,

My faulty memory - all other Mac iApps can share to Facebook - iPhoto, iMovie, even Aperture.

But on Mavericks I cannot find any application at all, that has Facebook" in the Share menu, when an audio file is selected, not even the Finder. 

I have to convert the audio file to a movie, to see "Facebook" in the Finder's Share menu:  So even exporting to the Finder will not help.

Screen Shot 2013-11-15 at 14.07.23GMT+1.png

• 21th Century Level 2 (255 points)

léonie wrote:

My faulty memory - all other Mac iApps can share to Facebook - iPhoto, iMovie, even Aperture.

But on Mavericks I cannot find any application at all, that has Facebook" in the Share menu, when an audio file is selected, not even the Finder. 

That is because Facebook doesn't allow for direct audio sharing, you have to go via SoundCloud or you have to create a movie (still frame is sufficient) that contains the audio.

Best,