Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

In app purchases in Garageband 2013 on iOS

Hey!!!!!

I know that with the new versions of Garageband for Mac OS and iOS, In-App Purchases were introduced. I have already purchased the "Complete Set of Content" in Garageband for Mac, but even though I have seen it under "Available In-App-Purchases" in the App Store, I cannot trigger the purchase on my iPad.

Thanks!

GarageBand (iPad), iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 11:16 PM

In GarageBand on your iPad you should see the download for additional content when you open a prject that has been created with the earlier GarageBand verson and uses the additional instruments: You will then be prompted to buy the additional instruments.

User uploaded file

I pressed "yes", and when asked to buy, I pressed the button "already purchased" and signed into the AppStore. Then the instruments downloaded for free again.

If you did not own the previous version, you should be seeing the option to download the contents when you try to add missing instrument when creating a song.

Léonie

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 13, 2013 11:16 PM in response to yebbut

In GarageBand on your iPad you should see the download for additional content when you open a prject that has been created with the earlier GarageBand verson and uses the additional instruments: You will then be prompted to buy the additional instruments.

User uploaded file

I pressed "yes", and when asked to buy, I pressed the button "already purchased" and signed into the AppStore. Then the instruments downloaded for free again.

If you did not own the previous version, you should be seeing the option to download the contents when you try to add missing instrument when creating a song.

Léonie

Nov 13, 2013 11:54 PM in response to léonie

"In GarageBand on your iPad you should see the download for additional content when you open a prject that has been created with the earlier GarageBand verson and uses the additional instruments: You will then be prompted to buy the additional instruments. I pressed "yes", and when asked to buy, I pressed the button "already purchased" and signed into the AppStore. Then the instruments downloaded for free again."

-- Although I did purchase Garageband before iOS 7, I did not have any projects. So I guess that won't work.

"If you did not own the previous version, you should be seeing the option to download the contents when you try to add missing instrument when creating a song."

-- For some reason, I cannot find any "missing" instruments. Sorry to be a bit of an idiot, but could you help me out a bit further? *EDIT* Is it also possible since I owned these instruments before, they've already been downloaded automatically?

Thanks!!! 🙂

In app purchases in Garageband 2013 on iOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.