Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod touch 4th generation won't charge all of a sudden and I'm not sure what to do?

When I get home from school I instantly put my ipod on it's charger because I use it a lot during the day. i always put in on an ipod dock and play my music while it charges and use my computer until it's completely done charging. So, today I did that and had a friend over and while she was using my computer I asked her to pass me my ipod and she did and I used it without any problems whatsoever. After she left I put it on the charger where it did not work. I figured it was the dock itself so I turned it off then on and nothing it still wouldn't work, then I went and put it on an outlet charger where it acknowledged that it was on a charger and turned on for a brief moment then turned off again and again. It hasn't been used since then and it keeps truning on and off. I was getting worried and tried to look up some solutions online but wasn't getting any until I saw this one that said it could have possibly been from the static shock of something. My friend shocked herself before touching it then I did the same later while putting it on an outlet charger... could that be it? And if so, how do I fix it? Please I really need some help with this. 😟

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Nov 13, 2013 9:47 PM

3 replies

Feb 26, 2017 10:04 AM in response to CaskettShipper96

I had this problem and I am not sure if anyone else mentioned this so I will tell you how I got my IPOD Touch 4th generation charging/working. I tried holding down the home button at the bottom and the sleep button at the top, several times but still all I would get is a momentary image of a battery and the red line. After trying various cords and things, I finally tried another white Apple plug. I then held down both the home button and sleep button for probably 25 seconds and it came on. I got the unlock screen slider and presently charging mine from the wall outlet. So in my case, I would have to say that the plugin was bad. I tried everything else. I just happened to have a couple more Apple plugins that I had bought extra years ago and that also came with my mini iPad. So before anyone goes running to purchase another battery, etc, I strongly suggest trying another Apple white adaptor because obviously those go bad.

My ipod touch 4th generation won't charge all of a sudden and I'm not sure what to do?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.