Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Someone stole my IPhone 4...

I've installed Find My Iphone on it, and it's currently on lost mode... Though I'm afraid someone may have turned it off on picking it up where I left it...

Also, I'm scared someone may have JailBroken it, but apparently based on some discussions and forums I've read on the internet, IOS 7 still hasn't been modded yet, so there may be a chance that someone may attempt to turn on my phone again in order to wipe it and/or sell it, so perhaps Find My IPhone will notify me then???

Any help please??? ; ^ ;

iPhone 4, iOS 7

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 12:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 12:57 PM

Well if the thief trys to wipe/erase it he can't use it because of activation lock introduced in ios 7.

wipe a device running ios 7 and you will have to enter the apple id that the device is registered with (in your case your apple id to use itand unlock it again.)

so the thief can't sell it - it's worthless. can you track it via icloud.com? (find my iphone)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2013 12:57 PM in response to lnkPot

Well if the thief trys to wipe/erase it he can't use it because of activation lock introduced in ios 7.

wipe a device running ios 7 and you will have to enter the apple id that the device is registered with (in your case your apple id to use itand unlock it again.)

so the thief can't sell it - it's worthless. can you track it via icloud.com? (find my iphone)

Nov 14, 2013 9:47 PM in response to Elitegate

I've tried using ICloud Find My IPhone time and time again, but I guess I can't track it unless it's on and connected to the Internet...

I called it right after I lost it and the phone didn't even dial, apparently it was "unavailable right now" so I'm guessing someone stole it and turned it off...

Thanks anyways, that really helped me alot! ^^

Someone stole my IPhone 4...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.