Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No devices shown on iCloud

I was robbed at home last night. My MB Pro, back up HD, iPad and iPod Touch were all stolen. I had updated the iPad to OS7.0.3 and followed the instructions to set up iCloud. When I connected the iPad to the MB Pro I synced and backed it up to both iCloud AND the computer. I hadn't revisited iCloud to see if it had worked, I just assumed it had completed it successfully. Now, visiting iCloud.com it says I have no devices, so there's no back up and I can't use Find my iPad either.

Any suggestions, I'm desperate. My life's work is all gone.

Thanks,

Ros

iPad 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 6.1

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 5:06 AM

5 replies

Nov 14, 2013 6:06 AM in response to Ros

Sorry to hear your misfortune.

You can't back up to both iTunes and iCloud without changing your settings inbetween, I don't know whether you did that.

You can't see a back up from iCloud.com, you would need to look in manage storage on a compatible device to see a back up and backups can only be used to restore another device.

If you enabled Find my Phone on any of your devices, you should be able to log into iCloud.com and see your devices even if they are currently off-line.

Nov 14, 2013 6:23 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Thanks Winston,

I backed up to iCloud, and then selected "back up to this computer". I'm not sure if that's the same as backing up to itunes?

Other than iCloud, which seems to have failed, I have no other devices. All have been stolen. 😢 I logged into icloud but it's empty, nothing there. Tried Find My Phone, but icloud doesn't recognise any devices.

I have no Apple Support left. Is there any way I can contact Apple Support or iTunes to see if something was uploaded to iCloud?

Nov 14, 2013 6:46 AM in response to Ros

Ros wrote:

I backed up to iCloud, and then selected "back up to this computer". I'm not sure if that's the same as backing up to itunes?

Yes it is.

Other than iCloud, which seems to have failed, I have no other devices. All have been stolen. 😢 I logged into icloud but it's empty, nothing there. Tried Find My Phone, but icloud doesn't recognise any devices.

Where exactly did you log in, you won't see back ups even if you have them at iCloud.com. If your devices aren't listed in Find My Phone at iCloud.com, it would appear that they weren't registered for Find my phone.

I have no Apple Support left. Is there any way I can contact Apple Support or iTunes to see if something was uploaded to iCloud?

Whilst I dislike providing disappointment, I don't want to mislead you, I doubt there is anything that Apple can do, but you could try contacting them through:

Express Lane (select your country, navigate to iCloud help and enter the serial number of one of your devices)

No devices shown on iCloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.