Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I get my ipad unlocked

Hi,

I have just been given an ipad2 which is locked to vodafone. How do I go about getting it unlocked. I have no knowledge of the mobile. Sim number required by vodafone. Help please

iPad 2, iOS 7

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 5:05 AM

11 replies

Nov 14, 2013 10:47 AM in response to fatjo

No sadly I didn't check, as I was just using the wifi bit, and been a little naive about iPads didn't realise, and just assumed that had been the carrier previously, and was just "left over" from the unlocking ?

My fault, if I go to the vodafone shop would they be able to help me ?

The silly thing about it all is that I am a vodafone customer as such with my work phone, but am unable to get any network coverage where I live.....hence needing it unlocked

Nov 14, 2013 4:47 PM in response to fatjo

well that is a situation isn't it? Since you already have an account with the carrier, I would demand to speak to a manager with them until you get some assistance. This may take several aggrevating attempts. Or try to file a grievance with ebay itself, in regards to the seller. Again, this may take some persistance.

But also please try google, because I know theres a big market for used devices and there are companies that unlock devices (usually by unlocking bulk devices via the carrier).

best of luck

if you can, let us know how it turns out

Nov 29, 2013 11:17 AM in response to fatjo

Hi GrumpyGator,

Well I have good news !!

After your last post I went to the vodafone store and asked if they would unlock it. The manager wasn't there, and the lady assistant said no we don't do that, you need to ring Apple direct, and gave me the Apple web address. I questioned this and said, Apple have told me that Vodafone have to ask for permission etc etc.

she wouldn't help, but did offer me a data sim deal, I politely said no that wasn't what I wanted, and left to go to the computer shop she said may do it.

Well, that was an experience, the guy there said yes no problem, it will cost you £19.99 for Vodafone, then £55.00 for Apple, and then my cost, so you are looking at around £90.00 pounds, so I left quickly. ( muttering under my breath )

I then went back to the Vodafone shop, and asked about a data plan cost, the manager came over, and said as you are a valuable customer, I will waive the fee, and if you take a PAYG monthly data sim for £10, we will send in the unlock form here and now. You can then cancel the sim within a month and it will cost you the £10

So I did this, cancelling the sim on day 4, as a customer they waived the charge, nice one !!

Last night I hooked up the ipad to itunes, and it was done !! Under 2 weeks and at a cost of £0.00

FANTASTIC !!!!! So it does just show that it can be done, and if you get the right person that knows what the are doing its easy........

How do I get my ipad unlocked

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.