Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I homeshare from a Mac to multiple Apple TV's simultaneously?

I cannot get homesharing to work on multiple ATV's at the same time.

I would like 12 ATV's to show the same screen saver pictures. Currently our setup meets the following criteria:

1) all apple tvs are on the same network as the Mac that is the source of the photos.

2) apple tv are an up to date version

3) the Mac has iTunes open and running, and be on the latest version

4) Homeshare is enabled on all ATV's

x3 ATV's seems to connect ok. I get the following error type when investigating the 9 apple tv’s that cannot connect to the Mac

Could not connect to AdminMachine’s Library (the Mac is called 'AdminMachine') – Make sure the computer is on the same network as your apple TV, the iTunes version is up to date, and iTunes is running.

Please help!

Thanks

Apple TV, iOS 6.0.1, Mac is running maverick, iTunes and

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 5:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 6:11 AM

Welcome to the Apple community.

There is some doubt as to how many Apple TV's will work with a library.

However I use 5 myself without issue, so I can only assume that your issues are (at least in part) network related. Given your requirements you may want to look at using a professional to set up a network that fulfills your needs.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2013 6:11 AM in response to NickW43

Welcome to the Apple community.

There is some doubt as to how many Apple TV's will work with a library.

However I use 5 myself without issue, so I can only assume that your issues are (at least in part) network related. Given your requirements you may want to look at using a professional to set up a network that fulfills your needs.

Nov 15, 2013 2:54 AM in response to Winston Churchill

Thank you Winston.

we are looking into the networking point of view. It is interesting you have 5 working. I would like to hear from anyone else using multiple ATV's from a single iTunes library.

We see all of the ATV's from our UK firewall.

All of them respond to pings even from US. It means that IP addresses , masks and default gateways are configured correctly.

We are checking dns servers settings next.

regards

Can I homeshare from a Mac to multiple Apple TV's simultaneously?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.