Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can no longer Scan!!

I've got a Samsung SCX-4200 Printer/Scanner/Copier but since installing Mavericks I can no longer Scan but I can Print and Copy!

I've checked the Samsung website but the only scan driver they have is for OS systems up to 10.7!!

Does this mean that after installing Mavericks I'll no longer be able to scan documents unless Samsung gets their finger out and updates their drivers?

Thanks

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 6:36 AM

10 replies

Dec 2, 2013 1:11 PM in response to charlesives

No luck yet updating to Mavericks has put a stop to my SCX-4200 scanning but not printing on my iMac. When I approached a "genius" at an Apple shop they blamed Samsung for not being up to date with their scanning drivers, but when I pointed out that I could still scan under Samsung's 10.7 scanning driver on ML and pointed out that perhaps Apple should fully test their updates before releasing them to their users the "genius" suddenly had to find something else to do and unless I was going to buy something was no longer interested.

Clearly criticising Apple in an Apple shop to a "genius" in a definate no-no.

Luckily I have a PC running on Windows 8 that I can scan with my SCX-4200.

Can no longer Scan!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.