Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My mail folders are there but all mail messages have disappeared and no new mail comes in. My accounts are online but nothing? Mail messages are there in Webmail and on phone. But nothing on my lap today. What happened?

Apple Mail (mountain lion) folders (that I set up, not the system folders) are there but all messages therein have disappeared and nothing shows in Inbox, Sent, Trash, etc. (system folders). Everything was there yesterday morning, last night started having trouble receiving mail on lap. But I could get it on Webmail and on iPhone. What happened to laptop Apple mail?

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 8:03 AM

3 replies

Nov 16, 2013 9:51 AM in response to LisbethfromCA

Hello Lisbeth,

Thank you for all the information you provided about what is going on with your email on your MacBook Pro. You have already taken some good steps to isolate the issue to your MacBook Pro. I recommend following the steps in the article below to continue isolating and troubleshooting the issue you are experiencing with Mail:

OS X Mail: Troubleshooting sending and receiving email messages

http://support.apple.com/kb/ts3276

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Best,

Sheila M.

Nov 17, 2013 1:56 PM in response to sheila_m.

Thanks Sheila, but the info on the link you sent assumes it is the IP fault! It was not. I followed the advice of someone on an Apple Support Community dated back in 2007 instead and that worked! Simply had to actually log off (as opposed to "shut down" or "restart") on my laptop and relog in. Got all the mail back. Interesting that this problem has never hit me before, switched from PCs to Apple 7 years ago and apparently the "missing mail" syndrome is not new to Apple. Guess it finally caught up with me but it's done and gone.

Thanks anyway.

Lisbeth

My mail folders are there but all mail messages have disappeared and no new mail comes in. My accounts are online but nothing? Mail messages are there in Webmail and on phone. But nothing on my lap today. What happened?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.