Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery draining problem OS X mavericks macbook air 11

Am using OS X on MBA mid 2013 since 2 days and it has terrible battery life.. Plz suggest some solution until there is a permanent fix to it plzzz

MacBook Air, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 8:35 AM

18 replies

Nov 14, 2013 10:46 AM in response to PlotinusVeritas

Am not using Chrome.. And I am getting actual battery backup of 6 hours with normal usage of safari,videos from SSD. Earlier with the same usage on ML it use to be 10-12 hr. I had done PRAM and SMC reset twice. Am testing it now after SMC reset for 2nd time and so far in 30 mins it lost 3%.. I dont think SMC reset is a permanent solution to this cause earlier it stayed stable for some time and again it went crazy. Is there any solution for now so as to prevent permanent damage to battery.? I dont have backup of ML.. Thanks

Nov 15, 2013 4:44 AM in response to PlotinusVeritas

I called the technical support.. They suggested multiple solutions.. It is sad to know that Apple's technical team is unaware of battery draining issue.. The guy I talked to was confused and was coming up with random solutions all over.. He suggested me to calibrate battery which I did already.. Then he sent me link which included SMC firmware update which was meant for Mountain Lion.. He also suggested to do a clean install.. And then also asked me use mavericks for some time for a week or so.. So basically he was unaware of such an issue so Apple don't have a solution for it right now and they are not even working on it as very few people has called Apple for battery draining issue.. He told me to provide feedback on www.apple.com/feedback.. He says feedback is directly handled by technical team.. The mail app had -ve feedback so it received update immediately.. So he just suggested all the users to send whatever feedback they feel is appropriate on www.apple.com/feedback

Right now no solution 😟

Nov 15, 2013 8:36 AM in response to Linc Davis

I have already investigated what u suggested... None of the app is using significant energy and no apps are shown in the battery status that is using significant energy.. And most of the time am just surfing internet using Safari browser.. I don't think that it should consume that much battery cause earlier in Mountain Lion working with same application I use to get minimum of 9 hr of battery life but using mavericks it has never reached that mark..

Any kind of help is appreciated.. Thanks

Nov 18, 2013 10:05 AM in response to Mitayshh

I have done a clean installation of OS X mavericks.. And I was facing the same problem.. After 2 days I did SMC reset and after that the system has been stable as Mountain Lion.. I have not timed the backup that am getting.. But something has surely helped as I can notice the gap has increased between percentage drop of battery...

This thing has helped me..

1. Clean Installation.

2. SMC reset

3. After OS X Mavericks installation some charge cycles of battery and then system gets stable as we use it..

Am testing it will post the updates after some days or weeks of test..

🙂

Jan 9, 2014 4:45 AM in response to Mitayshh

I have the same MacBook Air. I am experiencing the same exact issues. With no apps other than finder running, I can see the percentage of my battery decrease at about 1 % per 2 min. This is extremely quick. Prior to upgrading to Mavericks, I can't say exactly how fast the battery decreased cause I didn't measure it but I had hours more time on the battery than I do now.

Battery draining problem OS X mavericks macbook air 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.