Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to turn off vibrate on alarm ONLY, in iOS7?

This one has been discussed in other threads. But they're getting so drenched by non-solutions, that I thought I'd make a new one

What I want is to find a way to turn off vibrate on alarm, without effecting anything else

Anything relating to changing vibrate behaviour of other functions (ringtone, silent mode etc) does not qualify as a solution

Anything relating to using an app that has to be active throughout the night, and can't be reached by Siri, does not qualify as a solution

Anything relating to burying the phone in a pile of pillows doesn't qualify as a solution...

This has bugged me for years. And the only way I have found to make it work has been through jailbreaking.

But this time around I would really like to find a way outside of Cydia

So please tell me someone has come up with something 🙂

Or that Apple is including it in the next update

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 8:32 AM

10 replies

Nov 14, 2013 3:25 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

Hi James

Unfortunately it's not that simple...

There are a lot of activities listed under Sound and Vibration Patterns, but the Alarm sound is NOT one of them. Thus, can't be controlled that way

Siri can't control 3rd party apps (yet). So the Siri access thing was just another example of a downside of using 3rd party alarm clock apps, instead of the built-in one.

Nov 14, 2013 8:49 AM in response to Simon Olsson

There is no "vibrate on alarm" setting, but you can control the vibration for specific alert type:

Settings App > Sounds. Select the specific activtity you wish to control under Sound and Vibration patterns. Tap Vibration [you may need to scroll up to find it) > Tap None (very bottom of the lists). Repeat as needed for each activity.

As for the Siri access, you will need to explain what your are referring to in a little more detail. Not quite following you.

Apr 3, 2014 2:12 AM in response to Simon Olsson

I'm not sure if this was available on IOS7, but I believe it was cause I didn't have this issue on my previous iPhone.

Recently I had my iPhone 5 replaced by Apple and instead of restoring it with a previous back up, I decided to start from scratch again, it helped to get rid of a lot of apps that I wasn't using anymore or didn't even remember it was there.

Anyway, to the point now, after I configured my new phone, now with IOS 7.1, I noticed that whenever a call comes thru the phone was ringing and vibrating, the alarm was also vibrating, emails, etc.

After reading James Ward4 post I found under Settings>Sounds the first option is Vibrate on Ring, I turned that off and now the Ringing, Alarm, Email, etc do not vibrate anymore when they go off.

Why do Apple need to complicate things when it comes to these kind of settings? It would be much better if everything was just under one place, but instead we get, notification center, sounds, the alarm sound is dedicated on the app, times like these that makes me miss my old BB.

I hope that helps someone.

Jun 1, 2014 4:21 AM in response to Simon Olsson

The only way I overcame this issue was Settings > Sounds, then turning off 'vibrate on silent'. So every time I set my alarm before going to sleep, I put my phone on silent (which does not effect the alarm).

This will work for people like me who don't like being woken up by calls or texts in the night, however I do understand some people need their phone on when they're asleep.

Again it is another trivial issue, but no way am I going back to my BB... Or any other phone for that matter!

WURD!

Jul 3, 2014 11:36 PM in response to Simon Olsson

I have seen many answers that did not work here. So here is my clear explanation of what I had to do, using iOS 7.1.2 on an iPhone, to get it so that the horrible buzzing vibrate does not happen when you set the clock alarm clock. It is not a dream solution, because the method does ALSO influence the vibration behavior for OTHER sounds on your phone.

1-- In settings > sounds, down inside the section Reminder Alerts I have vibration set to none. (this may not actually be necessary for the above goal. just how I have it set.)

2-- In settings > sounds, down inside the section Calendar Alerts I have vibration set to none. (this may not actually be necessary for the above goal. just how I have it set.)

3-- The main thing: In settings > sounds, at the very top, I had to turn both Vibrate on Ring and Vibrate on Silent OFF. (The reason I turned that Vibrate on Silent to be off is because I have my settings > Do Not Disturb > Scheduled set to make my phone go into Do Not Disturb mode between 10pm and 7am. So for this "no vibrate on alarm" goal, I have to have Vibrate on Silent off, or the phone would say, oh, he's in silent mode because of do not disturb... I should do Vibrate! ... You may wonder why my alarm would be set for a time inside my do not disturb period. That's because the only time I use my alarm is when I am getting up at weird ungodly hours for flights, etc. I don't use my alarm for normal waking before work.)

Under these circumstances, your alarm clock will not make the horrible buzz before ringing.

... But again, this is not a happy solution, because it will also have an effect on your phone's RINGER... your ringer will now never vibrate. So, if you never hear your phone when it's ringing in your pocket... the function of the vibrate to remedy that situation is disabled by this method.

Apple really does need to create an additional entry in the Settings > Sounds section just to address the Clock Alarm... it is ridiculous.

Jan 11, 2015 8:17 AM in response to Simon Olsson

Why is it that every time I go to these forums to find a solution to something that should be simple instead I find that Apple have once again f----d up!? Is it so difficult to understand that offering people an alarm clock that pretends to play music to wake you but instead buzzes infuriatingly over the music is just not acceptable? When Steve was alive I think he actually used the iPhone and this sort of thing would have p----d him off so much he would have fired the perpetrator, so it never happened. Nowadays I think maybe all the senior execs must be using samsung phones or something.

How to turn off vibrate on alarm ONLY, in iOS7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.