Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How stop iTunes from sorting songs and albums randomly?

I have been having a lot of issues with my iTunes sorting song, albums, and artists where ever it decides is a good spot. All of the info, as far as album, artist, genre, song number, and disc number are all correct. However, I still have issues where iTunes wont recognize an album as being under an artist, or songs wont be under and album. I'll have albums under an artist but half the songs will be there and the other half are no where to be found (most likely sorted somewhere random). And the most frustrating part is I'll have situations, for example where numerous songs that are by Eminem and have the correct info stating it's by Eminem, will be seen under Funkmaster Flex in Artist View. Or, for another example, Eminem comes up twice in Artist View and the songs are slipt between the two. And it frustrates me because it translates similarly onto my iPhone, however not exactly the same. If anyone has any idea how to fix this please let me know. Thanks in advance. Oh, and I'm running the most recent update of iTunes as well.

AirPort Extreme-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 8:52 AM

2 replies

How stop iTunes from sorting songs and albums randomly?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.