Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since upgrade to iOS 7 Email error on over 100KB emails “Cannot Send Mail The message was rejected by the server because it is too large.” Connecting to Exchange via Activesync

Hi,

Following the upgrade to iOS 7.0.3 on all our iPhone and iPad devices, it has been identified that when sending emails around 100KB in size and over an error message appears on the device stating “Cannot Send Mail The message was rejected by the server because it is too large.” See error message below. The send/receive limit is over 10MB so this is not the issue.

User uploaded file

We are in an Exchange Environment using Microsoft Activesync. This issue is not evident in iOS 6. This has been tested on an iPhone 3GS running version iOS 6.1.3. We have been unable to repeat the issues seen on iOS 7 on the older OS. It is not possible to roll back to the older operating system as Apple are no longer signing the software.

We use Microsoft Active Sync to connect to our Exchange servers through a TMG. The issue is very inconsistent, some identical emails go through, some fail. This is not an issue with the send/receive limit as this is over 10MB. The error message when it fails on the TMG is Status: 413 Request Entity Too Large, which we believe is from IIS on the CAS server.

Does anyone have any suggest course of actions to take?

Many Thanks

iOS 7.0.3

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 8:52 AM

2 replies

Feb 3, 2014 8:51 PM in response to diesel vdub

This resolution have to attend at the server not with the ios device. My employer's mail administrator reject me to correct it from the server. As his concern is, if ither ios devices works why don't mine? So I am helpless than changing my iphone. It works fine for early versions of ios and with androids. And also one of my friends iphone4 with ios 7 (similar as mine) works too. So I guess it's something wrong with my iPhones settings. But basic question I cannot understand is it works in my phone before this ios7 upgrading. And currently working with my yahoo account too. Favourable reply expected.

Since upgrade to iOS 7 Email error on over 100KB emails “Cannot Send Mail The message was rejected by the server because it is too large.” Connecting to Exchange via Activesync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.