Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My thunderbolt display is not working with my MBP retina 13''

Hi,

I just received both a new macbook pro retina 13'' and a thunderbolt display. Everything was working properly yesterday but today, I have no clue why, the thunderbolt display is not working anymore.

. the power supplier for my laptop given by the thunderbolt display is still working;

. when I don't connect my laptop through the thunderbolt connection, I can use the usb sockets as power supplier , for my phone, for instance;

. as soon as I plug the thunderbolt cable, the usb socket is not feeding any more my phone, whereas the screen is not displaying anything.

. If I take a look in the system report, in the thunderbolt tab, there is "no device connected"...

I restarted plenty of time my laptop, took care to reinitialise the SMC as well as the PRAM, and nothing changed. I also disconnected the thunderbolt display, waited few minutes (and more), but nothing changed, again the black screen.

Has somebody an idea?

Thanks

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 9:19 AM

There are no replies.

My thunderbolt display is not working with my MBP retina 13''

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.