Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Dollar signs keep having canadian sign

On my mac, dollar signs just have dollar signs ($20).

But in the cloud or on my ipad, they say (CN$20)

How do I change my mac so it knows I live in Canada, then the rest will work.

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 9:39 AM

5 replies

Nov 14, 2013 6:32 PM in response to Alastair Hunter

Hi Alastair,

On my MBP, running OS X v10.8.5, Region is set to Canada and Currency is set to Canadian Dollar, with th result that only the $ sign is applied to money amounts.

Earlier, using an iBook G4 and Mac OS X v10.4.x, I had Region set to Custom, and needed to set Currency to US Dollar to get the unlabeled $ sign as the currency symbol.

You may also need to check settings on the iPad and your iCloud account, if these settings are available.

Regards,

Barry

Nov 14, 2013 8:53 PM in response to Alastair Hunter

Now my mac says CA$, and my ipad uses $

I want both to say $

Your best approach bet seems to be to control the currency display within Numbers, independent of Mac-wide Region and Currency settings (complicating matters, you can set Region as one thing and then in Advanced set Currency to something other than the default).

In Numbers 3.0, change the Currency Under Data Format Currency to US Dollar ($) and you should get $.

User uploaded file

On the iPad the corresponding setting is under Format (the paintbrush)>Currency (tap the circled i)>Currency>Currency symbol.

User uploaded file

Though it shows US$ in the list here (when I set Settings>General>International>Region Format to Canada or to the United States), it displays as $. If you get US$ on your setup in Numbers, maybe try picking Canadian Dollar instead.

SG

Dollar signs keep having canadian sign

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.