Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did I break my home button or what?

last 2 months, I think, I was just continuously taking screenshots (maybe 4 screenshots per second) then after 3 seconds the home button just "locked"? I don't know how to describe it but let's just say that the home button clicks normal, then when I broke it it felt like it won't go down unless you put 20KGs of pressure, but now it's almost impossible to even just click it. Did it lock? or it might have just been misplaced? because I don't think it was misplaced because I don't see gaps on the sides of the home button

iPod touch, iOS 5.1.1, iPod touch 4 - White w/ facetime

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 12:05 PM

5 replies

Nov 14, 2013 1:52 PM in response to LGV894

Try:

http://snapguide.com/guides/calibrate-your-home-button/?utm_expid=69945963-15

fix for Home button

iPhone Home Button Not Working or Unresponsive? Try This Fix

- If you have iOS 5 and later you can turn on Assistive Touch it add the Home and other buttons to the iPods screen. Settings>General>Accessibility>Assistive Touch

- If not under warranty Apple will exchange your iPod for a refurbished one for:

Apple - Support - iPod - Repair pricing

You can do it an an Apple store by:

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

or sent it in to Apple. See:

Apple - Support - iPod - Service FAQ

- There are third-party places like the following that will repair the Home button. Google for more.

iPhone Repair, Service & Parts: iPod Touch, iPad, MacBook Pro Screens

Dec 6, 2013 10:55 AM in response to lllaass

thanks for giving enough info. I've tried Assistive touch but the problem is you can't use it when your ipod touch is turned off. Because sometimes I use a third party program to fix some bugs and to unlock my iPod so........... yeah. But it's old I already have a new tablet and a new phone. but I'll try that alcohol trick 🙂

Did I break my home button or what?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.