Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Installing HP PSC 1350 all-in-one printer/scanner

In the past, I could usually solve the "Offline" or "Not Connected" problems by unplugging my printer for a few minutes, but that no longer works. So, I decided to buy another one. However, just before clicking on the BUY button on Amazon, I decided to try to fix the problem one more time. Part of the "fix" was deleting my printer from the computer and then reinstalling it. This is where I'm now stuck. I deleted it, but I can't reinstall it. I get to the ADD window, but everything is grayed out. So, how do I install my printer? I might add that the HP instructions that I was following (OSX v. 10.9 Mavericks- Installing and using the printer on a Mac) are what got me this far.

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 12:19 PM

6 replies

Nov 15, 2013 11:25 AM in response to Niku

Have you installed the v10.9 Mavericks compatible driver yet >> Software & driver downloads HP PSC 1350 All-in-One Printer | HP® Support

After you download the driver, open System Preferences > Printer & Scanners > Print

Delete the current printer by selecting it then click - (minus)

Then click + to add the printer back in.

That should load the driver for you.

Nov 15, 2013 12:16 PM in response to Carolyn Samit

No, I was unable to download anything, although I tried many times, before and after reading your comments. I would have called HP before, but I thought they would charge for help; however, all else failing, I called them just now. They didn't charge me, but they couldn't find any record of my model of machine, so they concluded that they no longer provided any support for it. I guess it's just too old (Dec. 18, 2003), so I now have no choice but to buy a new printer, that's what I'm now going to do.

Installing HP PSC 1350 all-in-one printer/scanner

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.