286 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 14, 2013 3:46 PM by John Galt
- Boot OS X Recovery by holding ⌘ and r (two fingers) while you start your Mac.
- When the Mac OS X Utilities screen appears,select Utilities > Terminal.
- In the Terminal window type resetpassword and press Enter. A window will open behind Terminal that looks like this:
- Select your startup volume ("Macintosh HD" in the above screenshot), choose your user account from the dropdown selection, enter a new password, complete the password hint field, and click Save.
- You may then see a confirmation dialog explaining how this change affects Keychain Access and what to do about it. Remember it or write it down, then click OK.
- Quit Reset Password
- Quit Terminal
- Quit OS X Utilities and restart your Mac.
To fix your Keychain problems, go to your Utilities folder and open Keychain Access. Follow the steps here: Mac OS X: Keychain Access asks for keychain "login" after changing login password.