2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 14, 2013 8:39 PM by Niku
Niku Level 2 (285 points)

I just learned how to add text to a photo using Preview, but when I tried it a second time, it didn't work. It goes like this:

The problem is, when I tried it a second time, the drop down menu containing "text" was grayed-out. What causes this, and how do I get "text" activated?

iDVD 7.1.1 (1150)
  • VikingOSX Level 6 (14,330 points)

Use the Edit button on the Toolbar. The following screenshot shows that I have just added a text object in a blue font. Click the image to enlarge. OS X Mavericks.

Screen Shot 2013-11-14 at 5.41.36 PM.png

• Niku Level 2 (285 points)

I don't really understand you. It seems to me that you are just repeating what I said. In any event, I have now been successful  in adding text to a photo. I'm not quite sure what I did wrong on my second attempt, so I'm going to do it several more times to be sure that I finally understand what to do and what not to do. I think that I might have tried to go from "Annotate" to "Text" before the photo was present. I'm not sure that that is the case, but it's possible. It may be that "Text" is grayed-out unless there is a photo on the screen before trying to click on "Text". In any event, I intend to find out. Thanks for your help.

Now I understand. I was confused because I  thought you were just repearting what I had already said; however, upon going through the exercise again, I saw what you were talking about. It's different and  better than the way I did it the first time. I'll use your way in the future. Thanks for the help, and I'm not just being polite this time.