Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't see the "Requires High Perf GPU" column in the Energy tab of Activity Monitor

Trying to debug Android OpenGL error in IDEA, so I need to check out graphics card info, but following this link http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4152?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US (Mavericks), I can't see that column, nor can I find a way to turn it on.User uploaded file

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 2:12 PM

1 reply

Nov 14, 2013 2:21 PM in response to deltasheep

Probably your MacBook Pro has only got one GPU, which is the integrated GPU. You can check this by opening System Information (in /Applications/Utilities) and choosing Graphics in the sidebar, so you can see which GPU you have got.

As you have got a MacBook Pro with Retina display, you have an Intel HD Graphics 4000 (Mid 2012 and Early 2013 MacBooks Pro with Retina display, an Intel Iris GPU (Late 2013 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display) or an Intel Iris Pro (Late 2013 15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display). Only Mid 2012 15-inch MacBooks Pro with Retina display and the high-end Late 2013 MacBook Pro with Retina display comes with two GPUs

I can't see the "Requires High Perf GPU" column in the Energy tab of Activity Monitor

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.