Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Serious battery drainage issues on my iPhone 4S for past 6 months.

For past 6 months I have been experiencing this issue.. Every time I call the customer support and they are looking into the same case number. Even after 10 times sharing my phone diagnosis they advice me to update my software from 6.1.3 eventually to 7.0.3. The problem remains the same.

The service centre keeps my phone for 3 days does some stupid test and returns me the phone stating no issues found. But unless you use the phone as I do how will you come to know ?

I have been struggling for all these days on call and with service centre people, my phone still heats up like an iron box after 10 minutes of usage the maximum battery backup I get out of my phone is 5 hours. I am using a mophie juice pack to support my phone.

Siri & location services are always off.

No background applications running except my mails.

10 calls on an average making 3 hours a day and that is the max.

Screen brightness set to 30-40%.

I am completely irritated and disappointed with apple care and service engineers that they have. If you cannot resolve the issue just tell me on my face so that I can dump this phone as now I have no hope from apple at all.

If any apple engineer is reading this either help me or delete this post.

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 2:14 PM

5 replies

Nov 14, 2013 2:34 PM in response to nitisht88

You have skipped most of the user troubleshooting. It starts with restart (the power cycle you describe). The next is a reset, this is accomplished by holding the sleep/wake and home buttons together until you see the Apple logo and then release. The phone will reboot. If your problem is not corrected, you go to the next step a restore from a backup. Connect the phone to the computer and iTunes, click on Restore backup. This installs a clean iOS and restores your content. Make sure you have done a backup prior to doing this. If this does not help, then the last troubleshooting step is restore as a new device. Before doing this, make sure you have imported all of your photos from the camera roll, synced your contacts and calendar to a supported application on the computer or iCloud. Restore as new will delete all content from the phone and just install the iOS and native apps. You would have to resyc content from iTunes, etc. If your device is heating up that much, it sounds as if there is a corrupt file that is causing the processor to keep running. Try these steps and if that doesn't help, unfortunately the last step is to take the device to the Genius bar at Apple, calling Apple care to send it in, or taking it to the Authorized Apple Service center, which ever applies to your location.

Nov 14, 2013 3:04 PM in response to ChrisJ4203

Well as stated I am completely disappointed with the apple care representatives on phone and service centre. I have tried all the steps. I can not restore my phone with my backup I have tried restoring my phone as a new iPhone several times but it did not help.

I have already taken my phone to the service centre where the keep my phone diagnose it ( what they say) return me the phone with comment "no issue found ".

This is the only reason of my dissatisfaction as the issue is not yet resolved. I don't know why are they not replacing my phone. And it makes me sad

Nov 14, 2013 4:09 PM in response to nitisht88

All right, you never indicated you had done any of the other steps. Are you going to an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center? They have the final say about service, I'm sorry. I'm not sure if you could make contact with anyone else regarding this. We are not Apple here, we are users like you. If this is happening as you say, normally this would be replaced by Apple if in warranty, but outside of warranty requires the purchase of an out of warranty replacement.

No one here can help you any further if you do not get satisfaction from your service center. You can try talking to the manager of the service center to see if that helps. Sometimes that can be a problem with an authorized service center representing Apple.

Serious battery drainage issues on my iPhone 4S for past 6 months.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.