Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does the text size control on an ibook appear after publishing?

I'm using iBooks Author 2 on a Macbook Pro. When I preview on my iPad 3 running iOS7, the text size of my book is fixed to whatever size I set in iBooks Author. When I look at other books, I see a control at the top that allows me to enlarge or shrink the text as I prefer. I need to have this control on my book. I can't find any reference to it anywhere. Am I missing something, or does this feature get added automatically when I publish the book?

iBooks Author-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 3:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 4:31 PM

Yes, after publishing an .ibooks file.

Avoid Previews for all but the most rudimentary review of your book(s) - they are just simple PDFs, and not representative of how an .ibooks file will work when viewed via iOS.

Instead, use iBA's Share/Export menu to save off an .ibooks file, then drag that to iTunes, sync w/your iPad and check again.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 14, 2013 4:31 PM in response to publishorperish

Yes, after publishing an .ibooks file.

Avoid Previews for all but the most rudimentary review of your book(s) - they are just simple PDFs, and not representative of how an .ibooks file will work when viewed via iOS.

Instead, use iBA's Share/Export menu to save off an .ibooks file, then drag that to iTunes, sync w/your iPad and check again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.