Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ItunesU Playback Speed on IOS

Following this most recent update (7.0.4?) I can't seem to be able to play videos at increased speed. Clicking on the "1x" button doesn't do anything and the other buttons don't have this function either. Did this functionality get removed?

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 6:17 PM

16 replies

Nov 15, 2013 2:38 PM in response to dotflamo

I was having the same issue, but noticed when I changed networks to one that had an Airplay device the Airplay button is then displaed on screen next to the playback speed button and both buttones work. If I went back to the network with no Airplay devices the Airplay icon dissapears and the play speed button stops working.

So the workaround is be on a network that has airplay devices until Apple fixes the button problem.

Nov 16, 2013 3:22 AM in response to dotflamo

I think it is a bug in the new version that causes the button to be disabled if it is the only one there.

I have found that for videos that have another button in that corner such as those with subtitles (captions?) or the airplay button, as thedukeinpa notes above, the speed button works correctly.

The speed you set when the button is working is remembered on videos where it is disabled so switching to a video with captions, setting the speed then switching back could be a kind of (inconvenient) workaround.

I have a support call logged for this so hopefully they will come up with a fix rather than just declaring it to be the new intended functionality.

Nov 20, 2013 8:24 AM in response to dotflamo

I was frustrated by this. I figured out when I play from the Catalog the button isn't there regardless if it is downloading or already downloaded. If I play from the Library and the lecture hasn't completely downloaded it sometimes doesn't work. If I play a lecture that I have completely downloaded from the Library, the button has worked for all the Lectures I tried (several Java programming ones).

ItunesU Playback Speed on IOS

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.