Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can not copy folders (Error -43) but the files inside it works to copy

I have i Lacie Big 5 v2 NAS who have started to make som trouble. I have restored all the files on the disk and i want to copy it to an external drive so i can feel safe.

The problem is that i always get the error code -43 (He cant move the object because he cant find it) when i try to copy a folder. Strange enough i can copy the 2 files inside it byt not the whole folder. Often when that happens i can se that the .DS_Store (UNIX based file) is placed in the folder, when i delete it first then i can copy the whole folder.

I have tried with programs that swipe the DS file but it wont go away. It swipes other DS files that hawe the white icon but this grey UNIX like file he cant delete.

Does anyone have any solution for this problem, i have lite 30.000 folders from jobs 12 years back and i dont want to copy every file by itself.

Please help!

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Also tested in 10.8.5

Posted on Nov 14, 2013 11:04 PM

There are no replies.

Can not copy folders (Error -43) but the files inside it works to copy

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.