Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I turn off grouping by date in Finder and also 'Arrange by' and 'Sort by' in ascending and descending order?

I am trying to arrange my photostream saved search (which doesn't update automatically after I did the search for the first time which is very annoying) but finder won't let me arrange in ascending order of date (i.e.: oldest to newest). Is there a way I can do this or will my folder arrangements always be the one way without the option to change it to the opposite arrangement (same for alphabetical). Also, Finder automatically arranges my photos into groups of dates (e.g.: 'previous 30 days', 'September'). Is there any way I can turn this off?

Also if anyone can fix this stupid photostream issue for me that would be great!

thanks very much

MacBook Air (13-inch Mid 2013), OS X Mavericks (10.9)

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 2:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 27, 2013 12:04 PM

Even in list view, the photos are grouped by previous seven days, previous 30 days, October, and so on.. there is no option i see that will let me change to order by date modified without these groupings or to just turn these groupings off altogether

but thank you for your reply

. User uploaded file

-Peelo2311

5 replies

Can I turn off grouping by date in Finder and also 'Arrange by' and 'Sort by' in ascending and descending order?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.