Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I getting getting charged for my iMovie on my Macbook Pro that I just bought.. I thought it was free.

I just purchased a new Macbook Pro Retina literally 2 days ago, Wednesday, November 13, 2013.. upon getting it I decided to do all the upadate to it which included some for OS X and several for the iWorks and iLife apps.. AWESOME.. now this is my first Mac, so I'm still learning things.. So I fired up the updates and figured I would let them go while I was at work.. only to come home and find that there was some issue with Garageband and iMovie when downloading/installing.. not sure when the issue took place cause I wasn't here.. I do know that when I went to run the applications it said that they were both damaged and needed to be deleted and reinstalled.. Okay, no big deal, I know how this works cause of my familiarity with iPads and iPhones.. upon downloading Garageband it say would you like to buy it.. not a big deal cause the button used to download said "Download." This was not the case with iMovie, however.. Upon going to download it, I realized that it has a price of $14.99 on the download button and when clicking, it clearly is going to charge me.. this is disheartening.. and I'm not quite sure what to do.. Upon looking all over Apples website, I seen where they said to click on the receipt to report issue with this purchase.. however I do not feel like I should purchase this just to report it to get compensation for something that Apple clearly stated was free in their last Keynote as well as all over the internet.. To me this is false advertisement.. What do I do?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, OS X Mavericks (10.9), Retina 15-inch, Late 2013

Posted on Nov 15, 2013 5:22 AM

There are no replies.

Why am I getting getting charged for my iMovie on my Macbook Pro that I just bought.. I thought it was free.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.