5 Replies Latest reply: Feb 4, 2014 3:03 PM by rjevans12
dmfett Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Okay, is there any workaround to make iDVD work which sharing in iMovie 10? If not how does one make it actual DVD?

In addition to the iDVD issue how does one share old projects into Final Cut X  and is there a workaround for this?

iMovie '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)
  • Ari5tophanes Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

To burn using iDVD you now need to use the older version of iMovie.

With the enwversion you need to exportthe file to your Desktop or wherever and open separately with iDVD or the DVD burning program of your choice.

• Alan Cook2 Level 3 Level 3 (885 points)

In iMovie 10 go to File>Share>File, choose the size (probably should choose either SD or Large) then click Next, give it a name, then click Save (remember where you saved it to).

Wait until the Activity Indicator shows that the sharing process is complete.

Go to iDVD. Go to File>Import>Video and select the file you created earlier. It will bring the video into your iDVD project. Prepare your DVD project and when you're ready, click the "Burn" button.

iDVD is no longer officially supported by Apple, but it still works great.

Sorry, I don't know the answer to your Final Cut X question, but hopefully someone will.

• tbirdvet Level 4 Level 4 (2,770 points)

The import feature does not work in iDVD however if you open Magic iDVD you can drag the file into the field.  However, I found that Toast10 works better for me to burn the DVD.

• dmfett Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks...does toast 10 allow you to do chapter markings and do some more things that iDVD does. I was also thinking of going to Final Cut pro X and then the same problem occurs there no way to burn a DVD to distribute to my DVD clients.

• rjevans12 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

When I open iDVD it gives me the option to choose 1) create a new project, 2) open an existing project, 3) magic DVD and 4) one step DVD.  When I go to file, import, the video option is grey and I can't select it.